– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
I hope to provide you with a greater understanding of the breadth and depth of what I learn through BodyTalk. My intention is to be an instrument in expanding your awareness of the bodymind and universal connection.
The focus for this newsletter is to introduce you to the Minor Chakras and how we work with them in BodyTalk.
The Minor Chakras include 21 points on the body.
– arms) shoulders, elbows, hand
– legs) hips, knees, feet
– head) eyes, ears, nose, tip of tongue
– trunk) nipples and genitals
Chakras are consciousness energy. As we are all familiar with the idea of carrying our tension in our shoulders I will use the shoulder chakra as my first example.
I love the way the BodyTalk Manual describes the natural consciousness of the shoulders:
“… the manifestation of responsibility relates to the ability to sum up any life situation and then take practical steps to make the appropriate adjustments.”
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudeva, one of my yoga teacher’s translation of the word ‘responsibility’ is “the ability to respond”.
The pathological consciousness, or unhealthy expression of shoulders, is when one perceives responsibilities as burdens. That the responsibilities are creating major stress. Key words to express this: feelings of restriction, desire for freedom, resentment of life situations.
Which consciousness matches what you feel in your body when you think of the word ‘responsibility’? The natural one which is just the natural flow of energy, or the pathological one which presents as tension?
The knees are controlled by the kidneys. Yes the kidneys! Remember, BodyTalk is based on Chinese Medicine which includes meridian energy.
The natural cosciousness of the knees cover all aspects of fear, from being easily afraid of activities in life, to existential fear of life itself. This natural consciousness is what helps keep us alive. Fear of death and injury stops us from being self-destructive.
Willpower, another aspect of the knee, is an expression of the will to live and survive.
The unhealthy expression of the knee chakras give rise to chronic fear of life situations and fear of death. There may also be an excess or deficient expression of willpower. Keywords: fear of life and death, need to control, and excess or deficient expressions of willpower.
Arthritis in the knee is the body’s way to provide strength, support. This can compensate for what one may not hold in consciousness.
Outwards and well known expressions regarding willpower and the knee chakra:
– Bend one’s knees (will) to a higher power, queen, or church, and when asking to marry.
– Lock knees (will) when trying to stand strong, defiant. This is often seen in children or with an adversary. If you see this in someone and want to shift the energy, ask them to sit.
– the right and left of any chakra
– a consciousness definition may be added when the male female/yin yang energies are out of balance
– any chakra to the heart chakra, as it is a harmonizer
– links all the way up the arm (hand to elbow to shoulder), or leg (foot to knee to hip) to integrate, become solid and stable.
As always, BodyTalk links are based on priority and guided by the individual’s Innate Wisdom.
Because BodyTalk is an energy medicine, I can address all aspects of the consciousness that affects your BodyMind and influences your health. Genetic encoding, environmental factors, energies, archetypes, belief systems, and fears, profoundly affect your physical, mental and emotional health.
Client’s Story of Fear Expressing in His Lower Back
– The client was a teenage boy in generally good health.
– The presenting symptoms: lower back problems.
– He had stopped playing sports and quit his work in landscaping.
In the session “fear” presented as the priority. I asked him if he had any particular fear and his immediate response was “not being good enough”. He went on to describe how accomplished his older brother and sister were and how he didn’t feel he could live up to those standards.
It felt like a sudden AHA moment for him, and a relief to voice this out loud.
We finished the session with the priority for another practitioner to follow up as I was leaving town. His bodymind needed additional therapy to fully resolve the imbalance.
Phone follow up: he had a few therapy sessions and his back is much better.